Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Phew!
Last weekend was tiring...studies are starting to get back on track...

On Saturday (9-1-2004) the senior ASEAN, SIA and PRC scholars met with the juniors. (Almost) each senior ASEAN scholar was assigned to one 'buddy'--a junior under our 'care'--one direct scholar from Malaysia and one flow-thru scholar from ASEAN countries. One of my buddy is a Malaysian girl and the other a Lao (she's called Slackchith, but prefers to be called Lily). Had choir practice at 12.30pm until 4.00pm.

*****************

On Sunday there was an Old Clothes Collection. We would be awarded with 6 hours worth of CIP hours if we completed our tasks. I thought it would be done in a jiffy but it turned out that each class was assigned to 11-13 blocks of apartments, so in the end my group finished at 2.00 pm.

After eating lunch, I went with my friend Yi Jian to Suntec Convention Centre to check out the library books for sale. It started on Saturday and ended on Sunday. I think we went too late... there were not many good books left. Those left were mainly obsolete books like travelling guides and 'Word 98 for Dummies' etc. However, I managed to find good book entitled 'American Dragons' (S$2.00) which narrated real-life stories of Asians (Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and even Tibetan) that had immigrated to US. Haven't start reading though. I also bought some magazines (S$5.00 for a stack of 10) on Chinese Literature, Philosophy and History.

After rushing back to the hostel for dinner. I made my final preparations for tonight's hostel orientation. I was a station master. My first time. Ching Mien helped me a lot and gave me some encouraging talk... Anyway, the games ended around 10 pm and after the hostel boarders had finished taking their bath they came down to claim their prizes and supper (Canadian Pizza!) provided by the hostel management and committee. Tiring day!

**************************

Monday was a typical schoolday + PE (we ran the L-route today, about 3 km). Nothing much else. I tried to finish the remaining bits of my holiday assignments but couldn't find the energy (and mood) to do so. I was soooooooo shocked when Jeffrey SMS me to ask me how to do Question 4(b) of the Physics 'S'-Paper. Gaa!!!!!!! I had no idea how to do it. And Jeffrey had actually started to do his assignment already. I should learn to be as hardworking as him....

***************************

Tuesday.....nothing interesting so far. There'll be Maths 'S'-Paper lecture later. Choir practice will commence after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home