Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Saturday I went for an American Maths Test Selection Test. It was very hard for me... not quite so for those bright Indian and China scholars though... had to answer 17 questions in 50 minutes... Even the teacher-in-charge (invigilator) said that he couldn't complete the questions in the time given.

Anyway, after that I went out with a few classmates for the NKF Flag Day activity to gain CIP hours. They wanted to go to Bugis MRT, so I just tagged along. Quite a lot of people were there by 10 am, and we had competition from other schools too. Some people donated really generously, like this Chinese woman who said:" for donation ah?" in Chinese, and then dropped S$10 into my donation bag. Also, I tried to use Malay to ask the Malays to donate. I was a bit shocked though when there was this Malay man who looked like a religious teacher who just walked past me without bothering to know what this donation thing was all about. There was also a few people (especially young adults) who don't care, and even an old man who said the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) was very rich already. I don't know about that...Singaporeans would know better. There was also a Malay lady who said 'bagus' to me after I had ask her to donate in Malay, and I said 'saya dari Malaysia' then she said 'patutlah!'

No time to type liao, will type later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home