Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Bought a 'No Doubt' CD on Friday. I love it! Friday was a free day for (I think) every JC2 student in the hostel because we had no test on this day.

Last Saturday there was choir practice. Had lunch afterwards opposite school and then went to Simei with lita to buy the material for the hostel's Birthday Board. I was in charge of it while Lita volunteered to help.

Started designing the Birthday Board around 9.45p.m. At 10-something a group of students came to stay a night at the hostel (around 60 people?). I saw the print on their T-shirts It wrote 'hua2 ren2 zhong1 xue2 hua2 yue4 tuan2). haha! So they were from Batu Pahat! 'Hua Ren Zhong Xue' is considered a prestigious school among the Chinese in my place. It's a private school (means that you'll have to pay school fees), and it has a different syllabus from the national one, which is harder. Helped one of the guys to call back to Malaysia...

Nothing much happened on Sunday except that at night (after 12) we celebrated Nguyen's birthday.

'A' level registration on Monday morning.

GP Assignment: Research on cancer, the breakthroughs of Antibiotics, and the accompanying problems. Chem tutorial: Got Paper 1 and Practical Paper back; scored 16/20 for the former and scored 2/20 for the latter (Ouch!)... I'm always lousy with practicals, especially Chem. Anyway, the practical will account for 5% of the total marks only...
Got bouldering as my PE elective, which will start next Mon. Great! I'll finally get to do some climbing...
Went out with Eric and Yi Jian at night. Bought some files at Bedok's Popular and bought some stuff at NTUC to replenish our depleting 'stock'...

Tuesday...
got Physics back... 78%, quite OK, but not really what I expected... oh well... hope it's an 'A'...
Tried to complete Maths 'S' questions before the lecture but couldn't finish in time. Went for choir practice after Maths 'S' lecture. Ate dinner around 9.30p.m. back at the hostel. Claimed money from the office for the materials for the birthday board ($12) and also got back money that Qiaojie ('George') borrowed from me ($15).

Wednesday...
Mrs Lim (Our principal) gave a speech today about discipline etc. in school. She was a bit different from her usual self... she sounded a bit angry and disappointed with the attitude of the Year 2 students. What's more, TJC is losing its appeal fast... also, results have been deteriorating these few years and I think she wants to curb that as well. The school authorities say they will have a tighter grip on the students now to make sure they are in proper attire, well-behaved etc., which I think is a good thing. But sadly, I don't see many students repenting... It's really saddenning... wish I could knock some sense into those people. They are sooooo indifferent and apathetic! Why can't everyone cooperate for the greater good? Argh!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry... emotions flowing...)

Anyway, got back my Chem and Maths results. Got 55% for Chem... I actually expected an 'E' because I just felt quite hopeless when I was doing the test, and I had left one entire question blank (10 marks)because I couldn't start on the first part. Got 71% for Maths C... I actually expected to easily get above 80 but this result really shocked me. I mainly because of my carelessness. But I don't feel too bad because many people in my class (who usually do well in Maths) got marks similar to mine. We will get our F Maths section A back tomorrow.... not much hope for that...

Got to go back to study now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home