Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Hmm... Baru-baru ini saya telah memaksa saya sendiri untuk menghabiskan seberapa banyak kerja rumah yang saya boleh habiskan. Saya rasa itu satu rancangan yang bijak, terutamanya selepas MCT. Saya rasa saya sudah menjadi sekurang-kurangnya 3 kali lebih rajin berbanding dengan dahulu...

********
What's best is that my efforts are already paying off... Had a lot of motivational boosters these few days: Mrs. Kitty Tan praised me for my neat work in preparing for Physics tutorial and Mr. Wong said I was the only one who passed up the Maths 'S' Paper Assignment in the whole class... but most importantly, I can be more confident nowadays in class and also don't need to worry if the teachers are checking on us (I had a bad experience once... got bonked on the head by Mrs. Lokman, my Chem tutor, using her Chem tutorial book... haha). Seems like only now I have the determination to stop procrastinating and slacking... I have been trying to shrug off my laziness like forever.
********

Tiba-tiba saya teringat poster yang terletak di makmal Biologi di sekolah saya dahulu: 'Belajar secara istiqamah' yang bermaksud belajar secara sederhana tertapi berterusan...

********
To tell you how lazy I am, in primary school, I got caned almost everyday because I didn't pass up my homework. I would be very happy if there was a week where I didn't get caned. I wonder why I never tried to do something about it... maybe it became routine to me? Or because I thought I could pull through without doing my homework? I don't know. I was still as lazy in secondary school, but the teachers were lenient (and they couldn't cane us)... and the grades were still OK......until I came to Singapore that is.
********

Saya terkejut apabila terdapat peluang untuk belajar di Singapura. Tapi saya tidak sangka belajar di sini akan memberi saya begitu banyak tekanan kerana dahulu saya memang malas... Pada tahap 'A'-level, kemalasan dengan mudahnya menjejaskan prestasi saya... saya tidak boleh mendapat keputusan cemerlang dengan belajar pada saat-saat terakhir lagi...

********
Had the second session of the PE elective yesterday... Bouldering is rather addictive I think... but yesterday I did even get to complete a single route... Oh well, at least I'm learning bit by bit... and I recover faster now. Last week it took me 3 days to take the strain out of my arms...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home