Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Finally, the choir concert is over and we Yr. 2's can finally more or less catch our breath (and complete tutorials in time). It was a good concert...I think it was better than last year's, but some people disagree because this year's performance lacked the entertainment value of last year's...

Anyway, on Concert day, I first went to school in the morning for Chemistry make-up lecture and then I cycled back to the hostel, took a bath a took my choir apparel and took a bus to school. Had lunch. Warm-ups were done in school and we then boarded the bus to ACS Barker. I listened to 'Magnificat' on Cliff's MP3 player along the way. Around this time I already felt a bit giddy...

By the time the rehearsal was about to start, I couldn't stand the pounding in my head any more and Desmond said I felt very hot so I rested while the others sang 'Magnificat'. I rejoined them only around the 4th or 5th movement when I felt a bit better.

Ate dinner around 6.10pm. By about 8pm we were ready to go on stage. The first three songs were Beatles songs (With A Little Help From My Friends, I'll Follow The Sun and Honey Pie). It was not very good, but I supposed the audience enjoyed the 'dance' moves for 'Honey Pie' (it somewhat lacked coordination though). The Year 2's presented 2 songs (Deep River and Bunga Sayang). As usual, I get 'thrown off' for the beginning of Bunga Sayang...ay...just can't get the right note out.

We had 4 Latin American songs (or rather, songs written and composed by Latin Americans). Cantate Domino and Kasar Mie La Gaji (pronounced 'Kasar Mye La Gahi') were the challenging pieces. We did the other do quite well (Duerme Negrito and Te Queiro).

-----Intermission-----

Magnificat-- I think the audience enjoyed this and most of my friends liked this the most among all the pieces we presented. It was fun cooperating with the ensemble too... nice blend of music. Esther and Sin Yi sung well for their solo parts...

After the concert ended, we had some photo-taking but I didn't last long because we had to evacuate the school premises. Got a rose from Li Ling (who stands beside me in choir practice)...hey! My first! haha... not really lah...
Met Jared, Kenny and some other seniors too... took the bus back to school. I walked back to the hostel (exhausted!) with Jian Hao and bought ourselves some drinks (too bad no beer! Guess I'm still allergic to it...) Slept around 1.30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home