Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Performed with the choir for the last time during College Day... *sob* ... I have more free time now but I feel like my life is becoming boring...

Anyway, that was last Saturday. Last Saturday we also had a Hostel Barbecue. It was quite messy at first... hmm... we let the secondary school hostel committee members plan the games and stuff (ice-breakers etc. because there were a few new members). Me and Zhu Han were in charge of setting up the barbecue pits and starting the fire. In the end I still helped Li Yue in the game she was in charge of (the blanket game... same as the one we always play for choir orientation)... it was a terrible mess because the blanket was sort of 'see-through' and comprised of 3 blankets loosely stitched together at the sides. Furthermore, she didn't set out the rules properly and we didn't know how to determine who was the winner!

Oh well, at least the food was OK... except that NO ONE prepared any butter or honey (got some from the hostel matron afterwards). The Canteen lady prepared tasty Mee Siam, Curry and Salad for us. Cleaned up around 10pm so couldn't follow Yi Cheng and Yi Jian down to Simpang Bedok for supper. Anyway, I asked them to help me buy something which they dutifully did... My first "Blackcurrent-flavoured Hooch with 4.7% alcohol"! Don't worry, it was rather harmless...just wanted to try it out. In fact, it was much less bitter than normal beer.

There was talk of watching a movie on Sunday. But in the end nobody went because they all said they had no money. Well, I just 're-discovered' that I had put aside some money for a 'rainy-day'... won't reveal the sum here, put it sure can make me pull through June... So I went to watch a movie on Monday with Eric Goh. No one else I asked was interested or they were not free. I watched 'Troy'... nice movie with the touch of history to it... any things quite expected actually because I've read some things concerning greek mythology and history... long movie (2h 45min), so it was rather worth my money...

Not sure if I'll be watching another movie in Singapore (it's still very expensive!)... I hope to go back to Malaysia and watch at least a movie with my friends back there (whom I haven't met for some time 5 months or even more than a year)... Harry Potter or The Day After Tomorrow maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home