Tuesday, June 22, 2004

After a boring week in the hostel with not many (close) friends, these 3 days have been a great relief. There are still some people who are not back yet (like Yi Jian, who was still here when I just came back, and Wilson who lives in Muar). The Indonesians are back too... Lita was sick for 1 week when she was back in Indonesia and her house was covered with red dust for 2 days because of the volcano eruption. Julian is still sick now... Hmm... I hope Winnie's OK...

Well, since football fever has catch on, I think I should say something about it. he problem is I'm not SOOOOO interested and I don't really know the names of the players. But anyway, I regreted not watching England vs Croatia which ended with an English victory 4-2... but I'm sure the hostel management would not have allowed us to watch in the wee hours of the morning even if we asked for permission.

Some of my friends sneak out from the hostel around 2am to nearby Simpang Bedok to watch the matches at a kopitiam. I don't think I would try that... even though it's quite easy and I know by theory that you'd have to sneak past the guard (which shouldn't be a problem as he is most likely to be sleeping in the TV room or even watching some of the matches) and also use a route to evade the security cameras (quite easy too!). The guard has been betting I see... he was quite furious when Holland lost I think... and he's nagging almost everyone on football these days... *sighz*... How I wish I could have a nice huge TV with live coverage on the EURO matches with friends and food around...

Back to reality... June Common Test coming up soon. In fact, the Chemistry Practical Test would be this Friday... my pace of revision has been accelerated now... Hope to maintain at least 2 A's again for this test. Won't be easy I suppose, but I'll give my best. Ganbatte!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home