Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Last day of school (for this term)... a rather boring day. The students were not interested in studying and we had 3 consecutive Chemistry periods cancelled. A little more than half the class was present for Physics. Got our Physics paper back... Got 33.5/40! Yippie...haven't been getting good results recently so I was quite happy...

Anyway, after lunch I continued to stay in school for the next 2 and a half hours or so for Physics 'S'-paper lecture. However, when the lecturer arrived, the lecture hall was locked, and there were about 10 people around only, so it was cancelled! *@$%&*$^!!!! (No vulgarities) *Arggh!!!!* Could have enjoyed a good afternoon nap...

Went to watch TJC Drama Club's performance at Marine Parade Community Club with Ching Mien. Yi Jian went with Lita and Minh Huong while Chen Hoay went with Rohit. I was actually rather afraid we would be late as I didn't exactly know how to get there but in the end all was well. Me and Ching Mien both thought the drama ended a bit too early and we were wondering what to do afterwards... so we just 'lepak' around Parkway Parade. The drama performance was OK lah... I especially enjoyed the 2nd piece (forgot what was it called). It was based mainly on the idea of 'Life is a stage and vice versa' kinda thing... The 1st piece was called 1900-desperate and the 3rd piece (the most cheeem one) was a bilingual play called Jia(ng) (I think it was written by Mr. Marcus Tan). Jia(ng) is about Jia1 (Family, Home) and Jiang1 (the 'check' when playing chinese chess-- in this playing signifying 'moves' or 'steps'). Didn't quite understand it so it's no use for me trying to explain...

Went for Chem lecture on Saturday. It was about transition elements... Stayed in school for the next 3 hours waiting for the choir session (the last official one for me) to start. The 'old' committee announced the line-up for the 'new' committee...Benedict actually got Vice President! Good for him, but he needs to be more outspoken (and brave?). Anyway, I was shocked when Mr. Chung awarded me a prize for being the Most Improved Choir Member. Got a nice cute moo-moo mug from Robinsons. The 'award' was actually given to 3 people. The other 2 were Emily and Ivan. Special prizes were also given to people who went the extra mile to help others... the recipients were Cailin and Teresa. An award was given to our beloved choreographer 'Honey' Eudora.

Went for TJ Chinese Orchestra (CO) on Sunday. Sadly to say, the performance didn't really captivate me... there were these wierd tunes sometimes. I like the yang2 qin2 but as for every CO there are only 2 yang2 qin2 players, I could hear much from them :( ...

Went swimming on Monday morning (11.30am-1.30pm) with Ching Mien, Yi Cheng, Wai Kit, Dominic and Chin Lin. That explains the mild sunburn I have on my face and arms now... After eating lunch back at the hostel, we went out to Tampines Mall to watch 'Shrek 2'... It was a cute movie!!! Especially Puss-in-boots, haha! A must see for those who enjoyed reading fairy tales when they were young. Actually, it is only interesting if you know ALL the fairy tales involved in the story.

Wow! As you can see, the holiday has just started and I have been so busy already... still have the 24-hour writing competition coming up... wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home