Saturday, June 05, 2004

Wah... still quite sleepy...
My 24-hour creative writing competition challenge just ended. I wrote 2 Chinese Poems, 1 san3 wen2, 1 English Poem and 1 English Drama in this period. It was basically like this: We had 5 venues to do our writing and we stay at each venue for 3 hours. There were 1-hour or 2-hour breaks in between where we ate stuff and rested. The guys and girls had their own designated rooms (Rm 109 for the guys, Rm 110 for the girls). There were only 4 guys and (I think) more Year 1's than Year 2's...

Venues:
4-6-2004(Friday)
9.00am Dancers in the Wind
2.00pm Sports Complex
7.00pm The Scope (the real one)

5-6-2004 (Saturday)
12.00am Room 135
4.00am The Pond in front of the General Office
7.00am-9.00am Our respective classrooms to finish our work

We also had a word and item(s) that we had to employ in our writing that were revealed to us at each venue (except the last):

9.00am A saucepan and "Depression"
2.00pm A laptop computer playing a movie and "Exhaustion"
7.00pm Shoes and "Boredom"
12.00am A box and figurines (toy) and "Exhilarating"
4.00am A cup of coffee and "Addiction"

Anyway, frankly I have not much hope of winning anything (hey, there were 4 LEP students loh!)...but at least it was an experience (and we had free food for every break time too!). I just felt like trying something new...
Hmm...unfortunately TJC at 3.00am was not as spooky as I hoped (can't they save on electricity?)...

Missed Jeffrey's Chamber Ensemble Concert today because I was still in the competition. I didn't know it would clash. Sorry again! Well, I'm sure the concert turned out fine...

Going for Dance Club's performance tonight... not that I really wanted to but Ching Mien forced me to buy the ticket (with 50% discount) as he realised he had to go for some Christian choir's concert or something with his church (don't remember).

Keeping myself fit is very important to me now... I shouldn't be complacent in my chin-up training... Many people are helping me...thanks guys. Ching Mien suggested that we jog to ECP from the hostel and in the end 4 of us went (Jiann Hooi, Ching Mien, Wai Kit and myself)...(In the words of Wai Kit--Ching Mien you're crazy!).

Went to Leslie's blog yesterday (haven't read it for quite a long time). I was so shocked when he mentioned that Desmond blogged too! Anyway, I found Desmond's blog and it was so beautiful! So Most Beautiful Blog goes to Desmond and Most Interesting Blog goes to Leslie (read it and you'll know!)...

OK... nothing else to write now...ZZZZzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home