Saturday, July 10, 2004

As I have said the day before, I was a judge at the first ever Anglican House Talentime...

Hmm... I felt a bit awkward at first... You see, there were 5 judges in total, and I was the only one who was a student! OK, apart from that, I was really not sure how many marks I should give so I changed my scores 2-3 times for some contestants.

Well, the competition was not held in the 'American Idol' method, but rather the 'traditional' way based on the total marks given by the judges. There were quite a lot of glitches here and there, especially the AV system... Tang Ning and a female secondary school student were the hosts.

OK, concerning the performances, which were dominated by people singing Chinese songs... they were mostly terrible! Teribilis Est! Just can't stand them! In the end I saw that I gave the lowest marks among the judges. Well, what do you expect? I think I've heard a fair number of good performances to know where these people stand. Before the competition, Mun Yin and a few of the girls were calling me 'Simon'...haha... Anyway, it was quite exciting to be judging other people for the first time... *evil stare*...

Oh, I nearly forgot to say about the results. Third prize went to Nguyen who sang Le Ann Rimes' 'How Do I Live', 2nd prize went to a dance performance by a group of secondary school students... And the first prize... *drumroll*... goes to Zhang Ziran! Rather expected... Bai Xi didn't perform as good as he did during Temasek Idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home