Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Haven't been blogging for quite some time... let's see what I can write about...
 
I've bought a new pair of shoes at Queensway and it cost me S$99. Went to the cheapest shop I could find.... where other people were selling shoes for $100-$150, theirs were $40-$120. Anyway, I realise that sport shoes corrode rather quickly... It's only about 1 week and I can already see signs of friction on my shoes... *ouch*... 
 
I was glad Winnie was around... if not, the 30-min or so travel to Queensway would have been really boring.  And I didn't have to waste my breath asking for directions... I hope she gets to buy the pair of shoes she likes soon...
 
I didn't go for the study group (again) because I bought the tickets to watch the SAJC Dance Club performance at Kallang Theatre. I went to Kallang with Vi. Met the rest at Kallang MRT station (Eric and his girlfriend Fen Ru, Han Wen, Lita, Grace and Feny)... Fuda was going to be a bit late so Vi and Han Wen waited at the MRT station for him.
 
The dance performance was good... as good as TJ's... at least their Indian Cultural Club's performance was a traditional one... I found out that the dance instructor of SAJC's Dance Club is the same as TJ's. He rox man! The interesting performance (that got the loudest cheers) was a mass dance performance by the school teachers themselves. That seems SOOOOO unlikely to happen in TJ. I didn't quite like one performance... the one by the NUS students. They were basically dressed in rags/hay... looked like stone-age people and the dance didn't seem quite graceful to me... I dunno... maybe it's those abstract art thingies again... Well, at least they were not all dressed in skirts (even the guys)  like the last time they performed in TJ... One obvious thing that I noticed was, the proportion of the male dancers to the female dancers were definitely more balanced that TJ...
 
There won't be a study group this Friday as we're going to the TPJC Chinese Orchestra performance. Then on Saturday we'll be going to the 'Junior treat Senior' thingy. And tomorrow is Racial Harmony Day... we're allowed to wear traditional costumes to school but sadly I have none...
 
I've just finished reading another book by Sidney Sheldon called 'Tell Me Your Dreams'. It was not bad, but I guess my all time favorite Sidney Sheldon book has to be 'The Doomsday Conspiracy'... Joanna borrowed it that day on my recommendation and she thinks it's great too! I'm currently reading 'A Stranger in the Mirror' (also by Sidney Sheldon)... many people in the hostel are reading nowadays...
 
I've nothing left to write...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home