Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Oh well, finished 'The Da Vinci Code' 2-3 days ago... Hmm...generally I think the book is OK, but I can still sense that the author is still 'fresh'--not up to those really good writers yet. Still, it's a nice read, not to mention controversial. The newspapers have been printing articles on him and his works (and his critics).

I've been reading Thomas More's 'Utopia' for the past few days and it really is quite a bore... I mean, there are lots of 'solutions' to problems like crime etc. that are simply not applicable in modern society. Can't blame the author though... it was written in the 1500's (in Latin!). I'm thinking of not reading it altogether now and return the book to Yi Jian. He's currently reading Plato's 'The Republic' and Niccolo Machiavelli's 'The Prince'... all very 'cheem' stuff, eh? Anyway, I've borrowed another book to read instead called 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell. I borrowed it straight after Ching Mien returned it to the library (Now he's reading another George Orwell book 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'). Haven't start reading yet, but i heard it was quite an interesting, humorous and satirical book.

JCT results are being revealed all too quickly... seems like all the teachers have become super-efficient... I've got my Physics and Chemistry back already, and I'm expecting my Mathematics later. Got 72% for Physics, which is actually quite OK...hopefully I can provide me an 'A'. As for Chemistry, I got 62%, which doesn't look very good, but is actually my best so far...a 'B' maybe? Not so hopefully for the maths and GP papers though because I think I really flunked them...

Better work now for a better tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home