Friday, July 02, 2004

Whoo! June Common Test is finally over!

I just have to say this... I think this is the hardest test that I've ever taken. My target was actually AAAB+B3 but now I expect BBCC+C6. I'm not joking! It was THAT traumatising... It's too late (again) to regret... I've studied but it was all too much and too little time. Oh well, I'm going to draft a serious study schedule one of these days to prepare for the Prelimanry Exams (which will be due in around 11 weeks?). By then I hope to be able to secure AAAA+B3 or AAAB+B4.

I've also other things to worry about... I just found out how my money slips away so fast... In the past 2 days I've spent nearly S$70! Unbelievable! I found out that the culprit was eating outside (like at Yuki no Yaki restuarant at cineleisure, buying Famous Amos cookies etc.) and watching movies (like Spiderman 2)... guess I'll just have to reduce on those expenditures...

Actually, I spent $17.85 of the $70 I mentioned above to buy a current bestselling book by Dan Brown called 'The Da Vinci Code'. It's a thriller and it really is quite interesting even though I've just read the first 50 pages or so (of the 600-page book) Hadn't had a nice time to read books in a long long time. I think reading is rather crucial to improve one's language standard... It may help in GP also, but I know this guy who doesn't read and still manages to get B4. He just improves his vocab and read GP notes and stuff.

Now that the test is over, I'm actually feeling a bit bored... that's why I went out with Eric and Yi Jian to watch Spiderman yesterday and went out today to Orchard with Yi Cheng, Wai Kit, Ching Mien, Wilson, Kok Vui, Jiann Hooi and Tang Ning. Never enjoyed myself as much in a long, long time. But still, I'm feeling quite bored. I didn't make plans for this 4-day long 'weekend holiday'... I'm thinking of calling up Jeff and Cliff to go play badminton or something. Maybe Ching Mien and Wai Kit may want to go along. They're actually playing tonight with KV and Jiann Hooi... I'm not playing because I've lent my racquet to KV and I'm also not as good and the 4 of them enjoy playing against each other (Quoting Ching Mien: playing 'Legendary Matches'). Oh well, they don't actually stop me from playing too. Maybe I'll join in next time...

But for now, I'll just be reading The Da Vinci Code and trying to compose the 'Spiderman' theme song...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home