Thursday, August 19, 2004

Received 2 letters recently... One is asking me to attend a concert held at Zouk...

The other one is from the government agency called FIREfly, inviting me to attend their scholarships talk on 28 Aug (Sat) somewhere at the Biopolis/ MOE region at Buona Vista. From what I've read, there will be many representatives from different countries to answer our queries on studying overseas etc. I'll be going... I've sent a reply to them (they requested it) yesterday and they have already replied. They're inviting my parents as well... but I'm not very sure if they can make it...

But concerning the scholarship that they offer, I think I won't stand a chance. Firstly, the scholarship is a rather prestigious one (evident from the fact that only those people who take 2 'S'-papers have been invited), so their standards are quite high. This agency also have some links with A*Star, who I remember required people who score 1400 and above in SAT to qualify for their scholarships. Secondly, it is very likely that they require foreigners to take up Singapore citizenship after their studies are completed and work under governmental agencies thereafter. I won't deny that it's attractive. One of the things I like about this scholarship is that they encourage you to take up a foreign language in your course of study. Of course, the best part is that they pay for almost everything...haha...

There's this hype I feel around me... people are starting to think about which universities to apply to, what scholarship to apply etc. I think I feel this way because Anbu has been taking his SAT, TOEFL, and going to take (or already took) his SAT IIs. The school also organised a talk for Year 2's recently concerning Interview Skills...

Another hype is people are CRAZY about studying these days... I saw Eric and Anbu trying out a mechanics question from NJC's F Maths Prelim Paper and I heard Joey saying that Question 5 from out recent Physics Diagnostic Test was from an RJC Physics Prelim Paper. And people are staying back in school until 7-something to get on with their revision/homework. And people are memorising words from the old thick 1100-Words book. Argh!!!!! Stress!!!!! (Actually, not really very stressed lah, I've just completed Paper 1 of 2003's Maths Paper. It's so much easier compared to our school exams!!!! Going to Paper 2 now...)

That's all for now... work hard!!!! (going to gym now...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home