Thursday, October 07, 2004

Ay.... received demoralising news yesterday that my Further Maths scores were grade D not C as I expected! Wah Lau! 2 years in TJ and only now, during the prelims, must I get a D! Previously it was all A,B, and C's, even for GP. *sighz*... I've really got myself into a bad state.

Anyhow, I received good news -- a 'Merit' for Physics 'S' Paper! 0~59 was Unclassified, 60~69 was Merit (what a small range!), and 70 and above was Distinction. Quite a number of people I know got Distinction (with marks like 75%, 85%, 87.5% etc.), but I'm satisfied with my 66.5%. Actually, if not for the many careless mistakes I could have gotten my Distinction too. But it's over so....

Another good news is that I've gotten my results for the International Science Competition for Schools (Science) organised by the University of New South Wales and some other organisation, and I got Distinction! Woohoo! I actually expected it... haha... I think it was much easier to score in that competition than scoring a B for Further Maths...

I've now found a new wave of zest to push me on in my studies... And I shall not put it to waste.

There's this new Malaysian movie being shown here called 'Sepet'. I'm rather interested to watch because firstly, the Straits Times gave it a 4 out of 5; secondly, it is a Malaysian film; thirdly, it is not the stereotyped 'Pontianak' movies which I totally detest! Trying to lobby people to accompany me, haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home