Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The 'formal' last day of school has just went by...

It started off with a normal assembly, then off to the auditorium... There was a 'farewell concert' organised by the Year One's...

There were performances by a girl rock band (lead singer Izzati from choir)... They looked cool but the vocals and overall 'feel' was not really there lah.... Next, there were performances by 'Silversound', TJ's most famous rock band. Charles also performed 2 songs that he wrote on his own...so sweet... Oh, and Mr. Marcus Tan sang Joey McIntyre's 'Stay the same'. He did a terrible rendition of it! There was also this girl from the dance club... she sang quite well I think...I think she took part in Temasek Idol before...

There were speeches by the TJC Alumni president. He said he knew only 3 of us (TJCians) because they were under him for an internship programme... Hmm....is Winnie one of them? Haha... I can't remember...

Mr. Sherwin Cheng gave a (touching) speech as the teacher's representative. Students were also invited to come on stage to speak... WenYuan was one of them (If you don't know who is he, he is more affectionally known as CB aka Calculator Boy)... Haha... he got a strong and loud ovation...
Zenon and Vasudha also talked, and talked, and talked until Valerie had to snatch the mike from them. A few other students also gave their speeches. Then Mr. Bala was given the mike... he said a few lines then stood up and started to rap! Amazing! Really didn't expect that....

Hmm... my money is flowing out of the bank at an alarming rate... I have to take care not to overspend (I don't have much left)... After consulting my parents I've decided to take SAT II and that would cost S$100+... Have to eat instant noodles every few days to save on costs...

I'll put up some more photos once I get to borrow the card reader from Yi Jian...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home