Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Finally the 2 Maths papers are over! Overall I found it quite OK, but I think it was a bit more difficult than what I expected. For paper 2 I did pure mechanics instead of applied maths or statistics. I think it was a good choice 'coz stats is not my cup of tea and Joey just told me that Mrs. Lim (HOD Maths) said that the Stats was not easy. Still, there's no way I can evade from stats 'coz I'll meet it later in F Maths paper2. So I'll be doing the Maths C stats for practice tomorrow. Tomorrow's paper is Chem paper 2. Trying to be optimistic.... at least there's no Food Chem!

Anyway, my parents + my 2 sisters went off to Sarawak for their holiday last Saturday I think. I suppose they're only visiting Kuching. My brother didn't go (why? haha.... I also dunno). My parents called the day before to tell me. My dad was like: "no money to go Australia mah, so go Sarawak loh *laughter*". Reminds me of when I was small, I asked my father when could we all go to Australia for holiday and he said 5 years later. 5 years went by and I actually did bring up the subject, but of course, there was no trip lah. Haha... we are just sooooo guillible and credulous when we're young.... Hmm... hope I can earn enough money next time so that I can send my parents over for a holiday there... haha....

Study is what most of us are trying to do now, but up 'til now I see the guys studying about 1/2 the time only + the PRC scholars don't seem to touch their notes at all! Hmm... + now the girls are passing all their ji4 nian4 ce4 (apa nama.... Autograph book?) to the guys...

I got serious diarrhea early Sunday morning (1st day of Hari Raya). I had to go to the toilet 3 times in the span of 3+ hours + I vomitted twice. So, no choice, I had to go see a doctor (^^$^^... money flying away....). I asked Anbu to accompany me 'coz by the time I wanted to go to the doctor's I had lost a lot of water and was feeling a bit dizzy. I'm OK now... (^_^)...

Anyway, I was quite happy last Wednesday 'coz I got to watch the movie 'Sepet'. 'Mata sepet' means mi1 mi1 yan3 which means.... small eyes, like two thin slits lah.... like this (-_-)... Anyway, I invited Lita to join me and she agreed! Haha.... after the movie we had dinner in Orchard... Hmm.... she (like Winnie) also said that Indonesians say 'mata sipit' . I guess it's just Malaysia that uses 'sepet' lah... another difference between the languages than I've found out is that Malaysian use 'budak' to mean a young child but Indonesians think it is rude to use 'budak'. I'll try to write about the movie if I've got time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home