Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I've heard this news a few days ago, but I'm really glad this is happening: Peace Malaysia is organising a three-day international conference called Peace in Palestine, and the best thing is some Israelis have been allowed to join (5 only actually, but it's an improvement).

For your information, Malaysians are not allowed to travel to Israel. This is printed in black and white in our passports. I don't think that Israelis are allowed to travel to Malaysia too; I mean, using normal passports. It was worse more than 10 years ago. I saw my old passport one day and apart from the fact that Malaysian were barred from travelling to Israel, we couldn't travel to South Africa.

I guess this had something to do the fact that Malaysia was opposing Apartheid. I suppose they are trying to use a similar tactic now to force Israel to conform (to what the Malaysian government think is right). Don't really know the story from the Israelites point of view, but we always hear that Israel troops are occupying Palestine land.

Oh by the way, opposition party PAS (Parti Islam Se-Malaysia) pulled out of this conference because 5 Israelites (representatives from NGOs) were allowed to join. Huh? I dunno what they're thinking... These Israelites are people who sympathised with the Palestinians loh... PAS was not in the main committee and they are worried that the outcome of the conference will be favorable to the Israelites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home