Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I've (finally) completed my blog entry for the Penang/ Langkawi trip. It's the post below this one.

*-*-*-*
My Batu Pahat friends are all over the country now; USM in Penang, UKM, UPM, UM in KL etc. It'll be rather hard to meet up in the future... They don't have 1-week holidays for the Chinese New Year in Singapore, and even if I do come back to Malaysia, I'll be off visiting my relatives up north. Hopefully technology can keep us in contact.

*-*-*-*
I was reading Mr. Brown's blog, and he had an entry about the famous "Engrish" phrase "All your base are belong to us". I know this phrase is not really popular now, but I still find it amusing. The phrase was a part of an early 90s video game called Zero Wing (produced in Japan, of course). Here's the transcript:

Narrator: In A.D. 2101, war was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's you !!
CATS(villain): How are you gentlemen !!
CATS: All your base are belong to us.
CATS: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS: Ha Ha Ha Ha ....
Operator: Captain !!
Captain: Take off every 'Zig'!!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'Zig'.
Captain: For great justice.

If you haven't cringed enough, here's a flash for you to watch. Enjoy!
"All your base are belong to us" Flash (Tune: Bohemian Rhapsody)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home