Friday, August 05, 2005

Rather busy day

Woke up fairly early, even though I have no classes until 10.30am, coz I had yet to print the notes for the Effective Communication course. I printed the notes at Nanyang Business School (NBS). Only NBS students are entitled to use the computers and printers there. So how do I manage to print my notes there? Using Eric's account loh... hahaha... Nice place to print notes coz there aren't many people there, as compared to the Lee Kong Chian Library, where I have to wait to get to use the computer and later queue up at the printing room to print my notes.

First class of Eff. Comm... rather interesting module I would say. Opens my mind to certain stuff. And one thing about this module is that there is a lot of group work. As usual, there is Continual Assessment (CA), which will count towards the final grading for this subject for this semester (sem).

###Digress (sudden thoughts)###
I went for my AIESEC interview yesterday. Didn't think I did very well, but I keep my fingers crossed. Different outcomes from what I expect will just make me alter my plans accordingly. Nothing much lost.

I'm wondering why there isn't any welcome tea for the German Society... Hm... I was thinking of getting in the main committee.

And tonight (Friday), I'll be attending the NTU Buddhist Society welcome tea at Nanyang House. I'll probably just join as a member first. As for MENSA NTU, might run for sub comm... haha... but the probability isn't high. There'll be a (non-compulsary) IQ test on 13 August I think, and I'm quite interested to take it...
###End Digress###

After lunch, there were 3 lectures side by side. Maths, Aero and Material. The vectors that were taught in Maths were more like revision to me. Mr. Shaker continued on the history of flight for the Aero lecture. By the time it was the Material Science lecture, I was rather sleepy and had almost no idea what the hell the lecturer was saying. Gotta read my textbooks when I have the time.

After a brief hiatus... well, a 3 hour hiatus, it was time to do my duty. I sent smses to inform those "Blue Block" (Block 30) people who signed up for the inter-block "Boogle" competition to go to the reading room, which was the venue of the competition. Lazy to explain what Boogle is... maybe I'll add it in here next time or something. Anyhow, it was the first time I played it. In the end, my block got 2nd place. So no medal :'( oh well...

As the competition ended around 10.45pm, I didn't join my OG (orientation group) for supper. But I decided to do something after all... night jogging. I suppose it's a sort of NTU culture. Haha... Got KV to join me. Big mistake.... haha... not really lah. He pushed me to jog/run the whole journey round NTU, which is around 5~6km. And as I actually ran nearly 2 rounds, that amounts to about 10km lah. Jialat... oh well, at least I'm stretching my limits.

Jogging is a good way of destressing man. I feel much better now :)

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm interested in joining Aiesec and was finding out more about it through the web.

Mind sharing how the interview was like?

Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home