Saturday, August 13, 2005

Uni Life Not As Expected

well, i was gonna write about the above topic (+ Malaysian Haze, Merdeka Night and other ramblings), but I have time constraints so I'm unable to blog about it as of now. And this is also what i did not expect out of uni life.

Haze, haze, haze... always an issue almost every year in Malaysia (and Singapore)... I still remember the first time I really felt the impact of it. I was in standard 6 (it was the year 1997) and from my classroom on the second floor the basketball court (<50m away) was all hazy. I remember the days I had to wear masks to school. There hasn't been a haze worst than that ever since, but nevertheless the problem keeps reemerging year after year. When will it stop?

The Malaysian Student's Association (MSA) of NTU is organising a "Merdeka Night" on the 27th of this month. Of course I know Hari Kebangsaan is on the 31st, but no holiday in Singapore mah... so they had to make it on a weekend loh. Anyway, the interesting part about this event is that there is a theme--we have to wear our secondary school uniforms!! Oh dear!! I don't have loh... but I'm trying to find something similar at least...

Continue later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home