Wednesday, September 14, 2005

SAFRA Sheares Bridge Run

kv asked if i was interested to join the 12km SAFRA Sheares Bridge Run, knowing that I am quite keen on running and stuff (but suck at it). I was game for it, so there I was on a bright Sunday morning at the Padang. I was with kv and jh, and we were late :P Oh well, since we took part in a non-competitive run. There was only one competitive run, and it was the 21km (21 "click"? not sure how they spell it...) Army Half-marathon one.

Anyway, the run started off OK... there were lots of NSmen around though. For the 1st 4km I was still with kv and jh but soon they were way ahead lah... coz I didn't wanna risk running down the bridge, afraid that it will affect my knee. So the rest of the run I was alone...

Of course I finished the total 12km... but I didn't run/jog through it all :( Just couldn't do it--but many people would say that it's all up there (mental strength). I guess I walked about 1/4 of the total distance. The scenery was fine... we had views of the city, marina bay etc. But the last stage of the run was definitely more cooling with the shade of the trees in the park.

All in all, a new experience, and another event to break the mundane everyday-mugging lifecycle. Hm... Should I join the Standard Chartered's run at the end of this year?

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOIN ONLY LAR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home