Saturday, October 22, 2005

Healthy Lifestyle?

I finally went swimming last Thursday evening at the National Institute of Education (NIE) with Jonathan, KV, Yi Cheng and Zhao Ling. Haven't been swimming for ages! The last time I swam was during hall orientation (end of July). It felt really really good to swim again. I hope to swim more often in the future...

But swimming alone was not enough... the next morning I went jogging with Jonathan and KV. They're too fast for me lah! Their starting pace was already faster than my usual pace, so my speed was substantially slower halfway through the usual route (one round around NTU and NIE, about 5km). I clocked 33 minutes (according to Jonathan), which isn't a good timing if you are running on level ground, but the route isn't flat at all... especially at the School of Biological Sciences... so I think I did fairly well. Pushed myself all the way through, so I didn't walked. Of course, I hope to improve my timing...

Then later that day I went for the free National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Health Screening tests... Somehow I have this feeling that NKF is doing all this because they want to regain the people's trust after the whole scandal thing. Whatever the reason, it was free so I thought why not since I never had a similar test before. The result: I am OK in all the fields tested (Body Mass Index, Waist-Hip ratio, Body Fat Analysis, Blood Pressure, Urinalysis, Cholesterol and Glucose levels in blood.). However, my Systolic Blood Pressure seems a bit higher than normal (Normal systolic/diastolic= 120/80. Mine was 127/70).

I spoilt my shoelace when I went running on Friday, so I'm going to Queensway to buy them + buy a pair of sneakers or something as well. Why these things happen during the exam period? Oh well, I could use a bit of air outside of NTU anyway ;)

Back to the books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home