Sunday, November 20, 2005

2 more papers to go!

Yep... 2 more exam papers to go! Material Science and Econs...

Material Science is on Monday, and since I'm quite confident in it, I went to watch "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" on Saturday night with my 'ol study group gang back in TJ. I was on my way to meet Jeffrey and Cliffton at Orchard but they told me the only tickets left were for the screenings around midnight. So I went to Plaza Singapura to check out under Jeff's suggestion. There were empty places for 9.30pm and 9.50pm (it was 7-plus pm when I bought the tickets...). I wanted to buy the 9.30pm one but apparently I got the 9.50pm one. Haha... dunno how come this happened... maybe I said wrongly or something. Don't blame me, I've been stuck in NTU for ages.

http://movies.about.com/Anyway, we had to sit in the first row... The movie... was a bit "rushed" I would say... Can't blame them as they have to squeeze a thick few-hundred pages book into a 2-1/2 hour movie. But one thing I can say is... Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) looks better than ever! Especially in that dress before she danced with Victor Krum. I think the movie was not really very good, a bit disappointed. But I agree with what the newspapers say that this is the "darkest" Harry Potter movie yet...

By the time we came out of the cinema it was 12-something am. I couldn't travel with the rest back because it was very inconvenient. So in the end, I opted to walk all the way to Orchard to find a night bus that would bring me as near to the West as possible and then take a taxi back. It was a bit time-consuming, but hey, it was an experience (and cheaper than taking a taxi directly back). I learn something new everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home