Friday, November 04, 2005

Exam Report!

Had 2 exams liao... out of 6 I've got to take this semester.

Maths-- Past 2 semester papers for this subject was rather easy but sometimes deceptively tricky. The actual paper this semester was harder that those papers. I could've done the past 2 semester papers within 1 1/2~2 hours, but I took almost 2 1/2 hours to finish my actual exam paper.

Lesson learnt #1: Do not underestimate the standard of the exams.

Effective Communication-- Never taken such a subject before, but I more or less assumed it to be like General Paper. It was an open book test however, so I decided to bring a dictionary to the exam hall, and in the end they told us we were not allowed to use it and we had to put it on the floor. The worse thing for this paper was that I did the first question wrongly! They had asked for an article but I wrote a letter instead... Oh well... this question constitutes 40% of the paper, and the paper constitutes 50% of total marks, so effectively I'll lose 10% of total marks if I only get half the marks for that question. Hope I still get at least a "B"...

Lesson learnt #2: Read your exam questions properly!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home