Saturday, December 31, 2005

"Holiday" Ending Soon...

Well, all the camps, carolling sessions and trainings are almost over, which means that I am approaching the end of my "holidays". This is the most packed holiday I have ever had (I think).

Anyway, something more interesting occured recently... I was attending a Christmas potluck party at Wen Loong's (NTU CAC Choir president) house on 27th Dec, when Sharon (from AIESEC) sent me an SMS, asking if I wanted to be the Recipient Officer (RO) of a Hong Kong trainee who was arriving at Changi on the 29th, 2355 hours. I said yes loh, since I wanted to be more active in AIESEC and also meet more "international" people.

Thank goodness I had Alvin and Syuk Yee to accompany me... Dunno if I could've done it without you all. It was the first time I was an RO, so I was a bit 慌张, 不知所措 (a bit nervous liddat lah)... Anyway, Peony (the trainee's name) is going to work at DHL for a year under AIESEC's traineeship program.

Today was interesting as well. I was supposed to bring the trainee around Singapore to some places and also to go house viewing. As we were walking in Orchard, I got a call from Vega (who had an empty room in a flat and who offered it to us) who said that the room was taken. So bo bian (no choice), I got some agent's contact numbers from Sharon. Finally got to view a room in Novena. It was spacious in Singapore standards (I bet Peony didn't expect the queen-sized bed!), and the landlady spoke Cantonese (she was actually from Seremban, moved to Singapore decades ago...). The agent (William) was also an interesting fella. His wife is a Mongolian (!).

The holidays have been busy, but it definitely would be better this way rather than me slacking off all day long back in Batu Pahat... haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home