Saturday, April 01, 2006

NTU motor fest and other stuff

NTU motor fest was held last weekend at the Quad in NTU... Super-expensive you would only buy if you were a millionaire type of cars were on display, with brands such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and others. Some looked quite ugly actually in my opinion, and many were just impractical to drive around in Singapore. But some were really nice...

Of course, there were other stuff going on... arcade-style car racing, remote-controlled toy car racing on tracks, antique cars, car deals, stunt driving displays (when I was watching, there was one stunt car that banged into a barrier...), thrill rides and also Harley-Davidson motorbikes. I've put some of these under Photos! already.

But one major thing was missing, and that disappointed me.

Where were the hot car model babes? Haha~~

Ate at McDonalds in campus recently and I realised something... they have added 3 new stuff into their menu, namely apple dippers, corn in a cup and fresh salad. I tried their fresh salad ($1 with every purchase of a set meal, if not $2.50...). Looked nice and tasted quite nice too.

Fresh Salad with Thousand Island Dressing beside. Fork included(not in picture).

Exams coming soon and I'm so glad that I am finally motivated to do revision. This is so crucial now because I have some rather tough subjects for this semester, including a year-2 subject "Maths 4" which I brought forward to study. Aiming for average A- (4.5/5.0), but expecting average B~B+ (3.5~4.0/5.0) because I haven't been stuyding consistently this semester with other stuff going on...

My accommodation for next semester should not be a problem as I have managed to get 121.5 points, which means actually I can try to get a single room. But I've decided to stick with my roommate lah. We might be shifting to another room in the same block next year because I just want a change in environment. Hopefully in year 3 or something I get to move over to somewhere near Hall 13 (nearer to my school and library and look less run-down).

It's about a month before the holidays start but I had started planning it since early March. I had to, since I have obligations to attend choir practice throughout the holidays, I want to go home, I want to work and I want to go travelling somewhere. Now since I've gotten the leadership post of VP PD (Vice president of People Development department) in AIESEC, I've gotta make myself available for their "transition" activities.

My workplace during the month of May have more or less been confirmed (ST Aerospace, engines department). That should be a good experience and exposure to the real engineering world. I heard that it can probably be counted towards my IA requirements, probably 2AUs out of the 10AUs. Sihan was of great help as she managed to get me the job from her industrial mentor. Thank you so much Sihan!

As for travel plans... Apart from going to Xiamen late July to participate in the World Choir Games, I'm also going with a group of friends to trek Gunung Tahan in Taman Negara in June. Gotta train up for that as well... so as you can see, my holidays are quite packed already...

Time to plan for next semester?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home