Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Second RO job (part 1)

I was recipient officer for an AIESEC trainee again, this time Zachary from New York, US. His plane was due to arrive at 0635 hours. Didn't sleep through the night because I was kinda afraid that I wouldn't wake up in time. But that was OK coz I slept a couple of hours in the afternoon. Called for a cab at 5.00am coz I was worried it would take some time before they could find a cab for me, but it arrived sooner than I thought.

Taxi rides at this hour is sure to be expensive; but I had no choice coz the MRT service hadn't start yet. Anyway, I was glad the taxi driver was friendly and willing to talk coz if not it would've been a rather boring ride. So he found out I was Malaysian and started telling me interesting "long long ago" things like how he used to rent his old house in Redhill to 2 Malaysians for only S$140. And at least 1 of those 2 Malaysians is a Singapore Citizen now. Will I walk that path?

So I arrived at the airport rather early. The estimated arrival time was 0624 hours or something like that, but it actually landed even earlier. But I still regretted coming earlier, because Zac only came out of the arrival gates only a few minutes before 0700 hours!

continue later~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home