Saturday, September 02, 2006

On Wednesday I had skipped my German class (i had informed my tutor beforehand) to participate in the X-Campus run 2006. After waiting for more than an hour they said they had to postpone it because of the rain and lightning. Oh well, I just wished they had come to a conclusion earlier so that I may have been able to attend my German class for awhile.

Anyway at 7pm I went to Nanyang Executive Centre along with KV and Jon for the annual Aerospace Social event. We (the 2nd year students) were clever enough this time to eat the cakes first because we know that if we had taken the buffet spread first the cakes would be gone in an instant. Haha... Talked to professors and industry people about the aerospace course and also chit-chatted with juniors.

On Thursday my experiment group's discussion was cancelled (by ourselves), so I got to join the other Aero people for Badminton! Yay! Haven't played in ages, so I was a bit rusty, but it was fun.

Nothing really interesting on Friday except for the URECA orientation. URECA stands for Undergraduate Research Experience on CAmpus. So basically we find a research topic we are interested in from a list of a few hundreds, and then we'll talk to the professor in charge of that research topic to find out more and to take it on. It's considered as a General Elective worth 3AUs and we'll be graded at the end of the project. It's rather time consuming though... a minimum of 10 hours a week, for a minimum of 8 months. But the upside is that we get paid S$10 for each hour we put in. So at the end of the project I should be able to earn a minimum of S$3200 : )

On to something else... There's this guy who lives a few rooms away from mine and he always says "hi" to me even though I dunno him. I think he and his roomie are German since they hang a German flag on their door everyday. He said hi to me again today and I was like "that does it!" because I feel bad mah...

So I went up to his room and said:"Hi, are you German?"
Yes.
Ach so. Ich komme aus Malaysia.
Oh, you speak German!
I'm still learning. I'm Sze Fei but my German teacher calls me Stefan. You are?
Jorg.
J-O-R-G?
Oh, actually there's 2 dots...
Oh, umlaut...
Haha, you know...
OK, nice knowing you. See you.
See you.

Kinda strange that I'm speaking to a stranger because I'm an introvert you see... so weird eh? Haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home