Friday, December 08, 2006

One week after exams...

It's already one week after the exams have ended and I feel that I'm so unproductive. There's lots of things I need to get done, extra things I can do to improve myself etc... but I'm not doing it yet. *sigh* Holidays come and my procrastination habit kicks in again at full blast.

Summary of how I've spent the past few days:

Went to Vivocity (twice!), watched Happy Feet at Golden Village Cinemas there, tried Botak Jones at Clementi, went swimming twice, sang karaoke at KBox from 8+pm til 3am, went for a Dim Sum buffet at Dragon Gate Restaurant and basically used up a lot of money.

I would never have realised exactly how much money I had spent if I hadn't done a income-expenses budget as suggested by this book "Money Matters for Young People" by the famous Consumers Association of Penang (CAP). Gosh. Really gotta stop splurging myself on so much stuff. I could earn some money from URECA but I haven't claimed any money yet as I've not done a lot yet.

Anyway, celebrated Yu Chii's birthday yesterday at this restaurant called 2Hot at Vivocity which offers halal versions of fusion dishes that are usually not halal. For the amount I got for my fettucine and turkey slices the price wasn't really worth it, but it was delicious nevertheless. Anyway both me and Yu Chii noticed that the waiter who served us looked like 汪东城 from the Taiwan boyband 飞沦海, but Yi Cheng disagreed. Too bad didn't get his photo, can't compare here.

Off to AIESEC Singapore's National Leadership Development Seminar (NLDS) for the next 4 days~ Hope it'll be an enriching experience like last year's.

******** ******** ******** ********
Hot news!

Genting has won the Sentosa Integrated Resort (IR) bid! Genting's second to be awarded after Las Vegas Sands Corp won the Marina Bay IR. It's a bit shocking to me actually; personally I found Genting's proposal rather boring and mediocre compared to the others which were more high-end. But then again it has Universal Studios and can appeal to the wider consumer market. It has the advantage of being popular in this region as well. According to Channel News Asia a "hefty 45% of the criteria" was based on tourism appeal.

But I wonder if this has anything to do with Najib's (Malaysia's Deputy Prime Minister) call for greater cooperation between Malaysia and Singapore to ensure economic development in this "globalised world" (cliché, i know). In his talk he had mentioned also that there needs to be some recipocity from the Singapore side now that Singapore has taken some stakes in Malaysian companies. Well, well... Genting seems to be a convenient answer to that. Haha...

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Tiang said...

wei wei wei... just popping by to say hi... didn't know that you have a blog...

Catch up with you again when I'm back in Singapore...

Till then... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home