Friday, June 22, 2007

In preparation for the 10-km run

Wednesday night, me, Kok Vui, Paul, Janan and Samuel met up around 9pm. After some stretching etc. we decided to run (ok, as Sam puts it, jog) the circumference of NTU (5.2 - 5.4km). In the end we ran about 6km in total in about 1 hour. The last time I ran this much was probably Stanchart's 10km run, and I didn't even jogged the full length--see this entry). This time however, it was a leisurely pace...I guess if I can maintain a pace slightly faster than what I did on Wednesday maybe I can complete 10km in a hour's time.

Oh, forgot to blog that I've decided to join 2 runs this year before I go to Germany (if I don't get to go to Germany I'll probably join 4). They are:

1. Mizuno Wave Run 2007, Bedok Reservoir, 22 July 2007. - 10km

2. Sheares Bridge Run (and Army Half Marathon) 2007, CBD, 26 August 2007. - 12km

After the run we did some pull-ups and situps, then chatted/gossiped/bitched until 1+/2+am. Me, Janan and KV went to eat supper after that. Ah Fang was closed (renovation) so we had to go all the way to City Harvest. Couldn't sleep properly after bathing... only slept around 2-3 hours. Surprisingly, felt ok and energetic but eventually got the headache in the afternoon. So didn't go to Daniel's Farewell Gathering at Brewerkz as intended.

Hope to exercise more (jog, swim, play badminton + gym) and improve my overall fitness before going to Germany. Gambatte!


****

Updates: Janan claims that we ran around 7+km instead. Got a map to prove it somemore:


And since I ran an additional 400m at the SRC, I suppose I ran nearly 8km. Well then, that's good progress. Hopeful to run below 1 hour for 10km =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home