Monday, July 23, 2007

Mizuno Wave 10km Run

Thanks Sam for fetching me to the event venue and back!

Anyway, we were late and it was rather hard to gain momentum during the run coz there were many bottlenecks and there were simply too many people! As it rained earlier in the morning, the whole route was wet and the track around Bedok Reservoir was especially muddy. There goes my white socks... haha...

At many points during the first 5km it seemed like I was jumping around to avoid the puddles of mud as much I was jogging. The serious competitive runners didn't bother though -- they ran right into the puddles and got everyone else dirty. Things went wrong for me when I missed the turn for 10km-runners (there was also a 5km "fun" run going on). Blame it on the lousy signage... So nevermind, I ran around the reservoir again. So probably I didn't run a full 10km. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to prove myself during the 12km Sheares Bridge Run instead.

My Asics shoes are breaking apart... I liked them a lot as they are really tailored for joggers/runners. I was previously using Nike shoes but they seem to "disintegrate" rather quickly. Unfortunately there is no Asics shoe sale now... hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home