Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HK - China Trip (Part 7) (End)

Day 16

So today started off with the final discussion session where we talked about what we felt about the whole trip in general. Most of us talked about the friends we made along the trip more than the trip itself. I was asked to say something coz I merely translated for the past few times.


After lunch we headed off to 上海交通大学 (Shanghai Jiaotong University) for the official closing ceremony. There were the usual speakers but one of the participants, a caucasian/angmoh/gweilo, gave a speech in Mandarin, reading the script written in pinyin. He wasn't too bad actually. Then there was the CSP song singing session, and people broke down and cried. Aww...


We had some time then before the farewell party was organised at a dining area at the hotel we stayed in. This was the final opportunity for us to spend time together so many people dressed in their best (I didn't bring any decent formal clothing though. Oh well). Each group also had to do a presentation. I missed out something on Day 15: At night we had rehearsals for our performance. My group's performance was basically a recap of what we went through in the whole programme whilst singing some songs. Ah Mei and Victoria wanted to do a hip hop dance too but there were technical difficulties. Oh well. Anna did some kind of traditional dance which was rather interesting. Oh by the way we had a dinner buffet as well.

Me and Pin-Chieh

So while all this was going on, people were just running everywhere to get a few words from the friends they made during the trip. Oh, and taking photos. Ahh... At night a few of us from Group 1 decided to go out to McDonalds. It was a crazy night. We kept getting lost thanks to 香港的代表 Carey. It took us more than an hour before we found it. Lol.

Doing homework. Lol. So Chinese of us.

Jia-hung and Carey playing scissor-paper-stone (石头、剪刀、布)before we went out.

Day 17

Yesterday was technically the last day as some people were not going back to Hong Kong. So early in the morning we came down to the hotel lobby. The atmosphere was... melancholic. Alison, my group's coordinator then said that it was time to leave. It then struck me that the whole trip ended and we were all gonna part soon. People around me were already crying and stuff, so I, being the emotional person that I am, cried too. All the way up to the bus. And more crying as people started hugging, waving goodbye, singing farewell songs, friendship songs... oh...
* End of CSP8 *

There were many of us so we were split into 2 different flights back to HK. My plane got delayed though, and the plane that was supposed to leave later now left earlier. Oh well.

More delays back at HK airport. Tee's bag was ripped or something and other complications. So nevermind I went back to CityU hostel first. People slowly came back. I realised I was able to call Carey using the phone in the hostel room. After some long complicated discussions and conflicting plans, Tee and Olivia were not going joining us and only me and Pin-Chieh joined Carey, Carry, Alice and Jia-hung. Carey fetched us (in his nice big car) to 西贡 (Sai-kung) for a seafood dinner. It was delicious and fresh! Really liked it. And we found out that Jia-hung has Prawn-phobia! Lol!

Fresh prawns. My favorite seafood hands down!

Then we went to 满记甜品 to have some desserts. This shop is a popular dessert in HK, and this one in Sai-kung is supposed to be the original shop (KV knows this shop too!). Then Carey fetched us back, and Carry stayed at Pin-Chieh's place.

Carry, Pin-Chieh, Jia-hung, Alice

Chauffeur of the day, Carey! Nice ride on your car!

The dessert shop. They had a special separate section for durian desserts.

Day 18 (extra)

Carry brought me and Pin-Chieh all the way to 荃湾 (Tsuen Wan) for breakfast. Too bad the shop she wanted to bring us to was closed. But we still had a nice breakfast at another place. Had porridge and 猪肠粉 (Ju Cheong Fun?).


Soon we were on the MTR again and Carry had to alight. And Pin-Chieh too. So all I could do was loiter around the downtown area. Nothing much coz apparently, most shops open at 11am! Saw Sally and chatted awhile but she was going to buy stuff for Jia-hung's birthday I think. Met up with Jia-hung later and we also walked around a bit. Then we went to the meeting point and people started coming. We were going to 饮茶 (yum cha), or rather, have a 点心(dim sum) lunch.

A small sample of what we had

One of the two tables

Me and Jia-hung

The food was OK. We went shopping afterwards and I had to do a whirlwind shopping spree. Met up with Ping Gee back at the CityU hostel afterwards (late, sorry). And we then made our way to the airport. And back to Singapore.

CSP logo

THE END.

**** **** **** ****

Final thoughts:

There were times where I felt the trip was quite disappointing; however, sometimes it is up to you to make the best out of an opportunity. All in all I enjoyed the trip a lot, especially because of the great company I was travelling with. And making friends from everywhere. Really cool, and for the price I paid (US$200 + S'pore-HK to and fro air ticket), it was well worth it. Strongly recommend every university student (with some Chinese heritage, unfortunately this is a prerequisite) to apply for it.

**** **** **** ****

Omg! I've finally managed to end my HK-China trip series! Haha. But anyway, the next series in line will be my Berlin trip and Summer Uni series so stay tune! Also, a special advertisement on CSP9 when I get more info about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home