Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Imogen Heap

Imogen Heap (how do you even pronounce this?) is a singer-songwriter from UK, and she was part of a group called Frou Frou. The first time I heard a Frou Frou song was on the 2nd season of So You Think You Can Dance and it was called "Let Go". I really liked the song but of course like any other song I just leave it at that.

Then in the same season of So You Think You Can Dance, the choreographer Mia Michaels used an Imogen Heap song titled "Hide and Seek" for one of her group contemporary dance pieces. I found the song... eccentric yet electrifying. So I went to find the song... The only "instruments" used were her own voice and a synthesizer.

I shared the song with KV one day and I was surprised that he found it nice too. And then I decided to look up on wikipedia and found the connection between Imogen Heap and Frou Frou. Since then I have been looking for more Imogen Heap songs and I think her song repertoire is really unique and refreshing. On a side note, I've found more of these qualities in British singers than I have from US or Chinese singers.

So anyway, here's a video of one of her songs, "Headlock":

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home