Thursday, January 24, 2008

Exam hiatus

Aufgrund der anstehende Prüfungen muss ich fleißig lernen, und deshalb habe ich keine Zeit, dieses Blog zu aktualisieren.

=>
"Because of the upcoming exams must I diligently study, and therefore have I no time, this blog to update." Pardon the lousy german =P

Anyway, after most of my exams are over, d.h. (das heißt, that means) after the killer week next week, I would like to start blogging about Munich. Of course this would mean touching upon Germany, German (or Bavarian) culture etc. I know not a lot of people read my blog, but I thought it would be nice if those of you who do read could suggest any particular area that you might want me to research and then blog about. As of now, I already have some topics in mind, which include the following:

Recycling culture
Transportation system
Lectures in the university

I would then try to write a blog entry based on my research and my own experiences.

Looking forward to responses!

**** **** **** ****

23 years old now. Great.

There was an exam on Monday so I didn't really celebrate my birthday. Treated some friends to a dinner at Tribühne, which is a restaurant located in StuSta (Studentenstadt). However, I did manage to get some people to join me for lunch last Saturday. Went to this place that Seungwon recommended near Marienplatz.

The restaurant, Opatija im Tal, is located on Hochbrückenstraße which is an offshoot from Tal (name of a road), which is along the way from Marienplatz to Isartor. Anyway I decided on this one after a few other choices because the price (for some lunch meals) was moderate and it was a Croatian/International restaurant. So something unique for a change.

Can't remember the name of the dish I ordered, but it was quite large and I was satisfied. =) There were 3 different types of meat, some kinda rice + fries. And I also got a glass of Helles beer. Anyway I recommend this place as the food was satisfactory, the ambience was nice, and the service was friendly.


After the satisfying meal I went to Hugendubel (a major book retail store) to see what type of books I might get before I go back to Singapore (German books of course). Then we thought about having ice cream but decided on Starbucks instead. Kinda surprised myself that I could ordered my usual Mocha Frappucino in German, but I paused like 0,5 seconds every time before I answered; hope the person at the counter didn't realise that. Need to go out more after exams because I'm just not speaking enough German!

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous singapore whisky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home