Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Ok, my blog is not dead yet

Ok, it has been a long time since ">1/2 way through the exams", but my blog is not dead yet, coz I still have stuff to say and memories to keep!

First up, let's skip all the part in between the last post and this post. Really no time to blog those leh. Just ask me loh if you meet me.

Today after work I rushed over to Goethe Institut near Somerset MRT station to take a placement test. I've taken all 3 levels of German at NTU + 1 term of level A2.3 at Goethe Institute + 1 summer uni course + 1 level B1/B2 at TUM === 2 years of German. The only problem is, I wasn't prepared for the test as I didn't have much time to revise. Still I thought, what the hell I'll just go and take the test bah.

Anyway they've changed the test location so it's kinda along the corridor instead of in a room like the first time I took it. First there'll be the oral "interview", where someone will ask you your name, how long you've learnt German etc. (did all this in German). My interviewer was shaking her head after I answered her question:"Wie heißen Sie?", which was followed by "Buchstabieren Sie bitte". She was impressed with my pronunciation. Yay!

Then there's the 70 MCQ grammar questions part, which is arranged by difficulty. Took me about 45 minutes to do I think. Didn't double check. Haha. Another teacher marked my paper and I got full marks for the first column (20 questions)! Super! She said I was the first one the whole day to get that whole column right. But the rest were 14/20, 11/20 and a pathetic 3/10. So in total I got 48/70, and she suggested I attend class B2.2, which goes very well with me I must say.

Managed to skip about 5 levels (B1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4; B2.1), and that saves me a lot of money. Furthermore the class B2.2 takes place on Saturday afternoon. There is a class B2.4 (where I could take a qualification exam at the end, Goethe-Zertifikat B2) which I probably could have argued to enter, but I'm not prepared and I won't have enough time to study for it. Maybe the next term bah. Then can go on to C1.1... C2... Then I could happily add my German language proficiency in my resumes etc., apart from it being a personal achievement.

Will like to do other things to fill up time during IA... any suggestions?

3 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

buy a video camera, get a few friends, shoot a film. Submit to a competition. Win and get recognition.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Helen Pang said...

10 fingers up for your dedication to learn German language, which is one of the hardest currently. May God bless you on this journey of learning.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Sihan said...

hehe.. go take dance lessons! fun fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home